Sunday, December 15, 2013


Found this 60s gem today in my record collection... yes, that's right, my record collection! I don't have that many long-players but they have a fond place in my heart for always...

My first job was in a second-hand record store on a Saturday in Liverpool, heard all sorts of stuff they didn't play on the radio, what a great foundation for any 17yr old! Then while at college I got a Saturday job at the more mainstream HMV (Basingstoke branch, I'd left Liverpool by then due to lack of opportunity for ambitious young women like me haha). There I met my first love (apparently lots of HMV romances occur) and extended my CD collection hugely thanks to the generous staff discount...

So a few months ago I went to a record fair on Lark Lane* with my record-enthusiast friend and found an album called Love Loves To Love/ Lulu and since I knew LL2L was a gem I'd come across while working at Smooth Radio WM I purchased for a few quid, played and then forgot about... until today when I dusted it off for a little Sunday eve playtime and wow! I did not recall this one ^_^ #happydays

It occurred to me today that a motivational poster I saw on Friday which asked: What would you do if you knew you could not fail??? Oooh! Well I think a second-hand record store would be just the ticket! What's not to love? If paying the rent wasn't an option, I was some sort of millionaire by accident (cos I really can't see it happening to me any other way haha) what is not to love about getting out of bed for 10am to play great tunes all day?! And a great service to society too, every good town needs a place for new and pre-loved records! And let me tell you my record store would be a cafe too and a place for acoustic live spots... ah it would be QUITE the local record store...

Another fantastic idea to chalk up on the wishlist then comrades...




*quite the bohemian district in Liverpuddle I tells ya ;)


No comments: